Friday, January 4, 2013

January 3

Yep, there's God. Nestled right there in a bed of creamy frosting dotted with festive red and green sprinkles.

Before you call the sacrilege police, hear me out on this one. I know it sounds fresh-off-the-turnip-truck weird.

I found these marvelous cookies today (okay, yesterday, but I was too tired to write last night) at Target. And the whole container of deliciousness cost a whopping 29 cents, thanks to Christmas clearance. That's a drool-inducing 90% off.

I love sales. I love these soft, sweet, frosted sugar cookies. (I love them so much that sometimes I even pay full price.) Since the Bible says that God knows us intimately, He knows these things about me. It may seem like a very small thing, but the cookies made me smile. They made me happy and took the edge off an otherwise stressful day that may or may not have involved a certain toddler very nearly falling out of a shopping cart. Despite a popular saying about who is in the details, I very much believe that God is in them. He's not just wrapped up in the huge picture. He cares about the little things, too. Even the ones that seem trivial.

So that's why God is in the sugar cookies.

1 comment:

  1. I love what you said about God being in every single detail of our lives...and I love those sugar cookies, too! Blessings to you, Sherry and family!

    ReplyDelete