Saturday, January 5, 2013

January 5

Chances are really, really good that I'm going to talk about my kids a lot. And for good reason: they're four of the biggest (small) blessings in my life.

And sometimes they do things that make my jaw drop. Sometimes, it drops in horror or embarrassment. But sometimes, it drops in amazement. Pride. Surprise. I had one of those moments today.

Logan loved Pixar Cars. As long as I live, I will never, ever acknowledge that a child who is not Logan could ever love them as ardently as my Sunshine did. But Brady, I will admit, runs a close second. He loves to tote them around in a little (Cars-themed, of course) bucket. He loves to drive them, name them, and line them up in parking lot formation, just like his big brother did. It still takes my breath away and probably always will; after all, he was just 13 months old when Logan passed on, and it pains me deeply that he won't remember his biggest brother. Yet the two share a passion for the cars with faces.

Earlier today, Brady was once again collecting and lining up cars on our ottoman. He'd just left the room to re-load when Adam suddenly exclaimed "Hey, look". When I glanced over, I saw this

Pretty neat, huh? Cars arranged by a two-year old in the shape of a cross. Poignantly appropriate. And a suggestion that maybe, just maybe --if you'll forgive the moment of whimsy-- there are Cars in Heaven.

3 comments:

  1. I'll be there are, Sherry.

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should say "I'll bet there are."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your blog Sherry!! Today, your blog was one of my God winks. Thank you for sharing them with the world! <3

    ReplyDelete