Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January 22

Today spilled over with small blessings. So many, in fact, that I actually had a hard time choosing which moment to include here. Which would serve as the best overall God-byte? The sunny sky? The 65-degree weather? The good moods? The tasty coffee? The late afternoon car ride and conversation with a friend's bubbly daughter? The quickie chat with one super cool chick at Costco? After much mulling, I finally settled on this one

The itty bitty guy in the center of the picture is Isaac, who made his grand return to dance class today. (Brady's the lil' dude looking on from the doorway.) After a tumultuous first year of lessons, I decided we'd take the Fall season off, and then let him decide if he wanted to pick it up again in the Spring. And after today's foray, he came out ready to give it a go.

He spent the entire afternoon repeating a line from his brand new song, What's New at the Zoo. And I mean the entire afternoon. Poor Abby was ready to string him up after a while, but not me. I'm happy to see him so excited about strapping on his tap shoes and bustin' a move. I love dance and Logan really --and I mean really-- loved dance and the sense of shameless freedom it provides. And it's a big blessing to me that at least one of my Little Boys loves it, too. (And you know something? I think they both do. You can't see it from this angle, but Brady was wearing tap shoes, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment