Saturday, January 12, 2013

January 12

After the multi-part in-your-face bonanza that was yesterday's wink, I expected today's to be more subtle. And indeed it was.

What is that, exactly? It's the roof of our commuter car, snuggled up underneath a thick coat of fuzzy-looking ice. Even though it rained last night, it was still stunning to go outside this morning and see the frozen results. We live in Northern California and that simply doesn't happen here. We never (and I mean never) see snow, sleet or freezing rain. But it's been unseasonably cold, and, well, ice happened.

So what's so thrilling about ice and snow and what does God have to do with it? I'm an East Coast girl. I grew up with seasonal ice and snow; it's what I knew as a child. The cold snap and the frost gave me a much-needed taste of home. And for that, I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment