Thursday, September 10, 2015

September 10

I'm so rarely privy to what happens during the school day that I found this sight entirely amusing.

After I spent a few hours at the elementary school helping out with picture day, I headed out to retrieve Brady from his school. As I walked to the car, I passed through the courtyard, where several classes were enjoying lunchtime. I turned and happened to see Isaac sitting with his good friends, laughing as he munched on his food. I whirled around, marched back to the table, pulled out my phone, and snapped a quick pic for posterity's sake. Then I waved and left.

Like all moms, I quietly worry about how my kids do at school when I'm not there to watch out for them. Of course I do have a degree of faith at play, but there's something wonderful when, every now and then, I get to see for myself that they're doing well. So it did my heart so, so much good to catch a glimpse of Isaac happy and comfortable when he didn't know I was watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment