Wednesday, September 9, 2015

September 9

Due to our circumstances, precious few people will ever have the opportunity to get to know all four of my kids, but Christina is one member of that exclusive little club.

She was Abby's pre-K teacher back in 2008, and then both Logan and Isaac had her for their respective 3s classes in the years that followed. After a few years with other wonderful and caring teachers and a late-in-the-game teacher change, we came full circle today as Brady began his own tenure as one of her little ones.

We've loved and appreciated every teacher we've had in preschool, but the truth is that she will always hold a unique spot in my heart. She knew Abby and Logan and Isaac and now Brady; all four of my sweet babies. And even if her memories of them wax and wane as the years pass by, my memories of her being with them never will; I'll always have the gift of seeing her with Brady and remembering her with Logan five years ago.

So for her and for the school year that's just begun, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment