Monday, September 21, 2015

September 21

While I watched the Little Boys play at the park this morning between drop-off times, I caught a glimpse of something moving around on my sunglasses, so I took them off to have a look. And I saw this.

It's itty bitty, but if you look closely, you can see the tiny green worm near the edge of the frame. I watched it for a few minutes, quite literally marveling over how it deftly, patiently inched its way around the lens and how its neon green body shimmered in the sunlight.

A completely amazing little creation, just as human beings are (markedly bigger) amazing creations. We all probably look like that little green inchworm to God --so small that you could almost miss us-- yet He regards each and every single one of us with the same brand of wonder that I showed my little passenger.

I matter. You matter. We all matter. I think that's awfully good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment