Tuesday, September 22, 2015

September 22

I know I've talked about this before, but Brady truly loves his BearBear, the stuffed animal that Logan got him for Christmas shortly before he passed on. Today, Brady brought his buddy along on all of our errands; to drop-offs, the dentist, afternoon pick-ups, and then the dentist again (when we went back in the afternoon for the day's second round of appointments). I took this shot right after we'd walked to the school to retrieve Isaac.

Most of the time, he treats that bear like a baby; he cuddles him and talks to him and carefully holds him so his bottom and head are supported. He tells him stories and makes sure that he waves good night when I leave his room at bedtime.

It's a blessing to me to see him lavishing such pure affection on "someone" for whom he cares. Methinks he'll be a good man some day.

But beyond all of that, this scene makes me cognizant that he won't always want to hug his teddy bear while we're out in public, and that bittersweet knowledge makes me treasure the little moments all the more.

No comments:

Post a Comment