Friday, September 11, 2015

September 11

Today was what I've come to call a Logan day; a day when multiple references to my Sunshine come in rapid and seemingly inexplicable fashion. Sometimes I'm not exactly sure why one of these days comes about, but the significance of today's date --the 11th-- isn't lost on me.

With that said, I did my usual Corvette and 'cars with faces' checks this morning during a shopping trip, and was surprised to find several that I hadn't previously seen.

When I walked back out to the lot, I noticed a sleek silver Corvette parked out in front of the store with a license plate referencing the Hawaiian Island of Kaua'i; Kaua'i is where Adam and I went to decompress a few months after Logan passed on, and it's such a beautiful, tranquil place. Then when I got into the car (my minivan, not the Corvette), I turned the key in the ignition just as the opening bars of the "Cars" theme song played on the radio. I stopped and smiled, not just at the song, but at the entire string of events.

I love those overt signals, and I'm thankful whenever God sees it fit to send them my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment