Saturday, September 5, 2015

September 5

It's not uncommon for lyrics to run themselves ragged on the little hamster wheel in my mind. Lately, the words to Maddie and Tae's "Fly" have gotten the workout.

So keep on climbing, though the ground might shake / Just keep on reaching though the limb might break / We've come this far, don't you be scared now / 'Cause you can learn to fly on the way down...

So when I saw Isaac attempting to scale this massive palm tree at the park this evening, of course those words came to mind once again.

I pray that my kids will be loving and kind yet tenacious adults. I hope they'll be passionate about the things that are truly important, and I hope that they'll always keep dreaming big dreams and trying to do what's right, even if they may look silly doing it. I pray that even when they fall, they'll get back up again.

But for now, I'm just thankful that Isaac thought he could climb that ginormous tree because it gives me hope for the future. If we all thought we could do the impossible, just think of the incredible things God could accomplish through us in this tired world.

1 comment:

  1. "...'cause he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes, he's got high apple-pie-in-the-sky-hopes..." I love the belief and optimism of children.

    ReplyDelete