Wednesday, September 2, 2015

September 2

This jar had been sitting on the table for months, but I'd never opened it. In fact, no one had opened it. Until tonight, that is.

During dinner, while Adam asked Abby about her day, Brady twisted off the lid and pulled out the first of four little papers, which he held up for Isaac to read.

I love you because sometimes you play with me.

The second note read something like I love you because you're my brother, and the third and fourth expressed two additional "I love you because..." statements from the littlest brother to the middle brother. My heart smiled as I watched Brady proudly hold up each strip of paper. It nearly spilled over with emotion as I listened to Isaac read each one aloud. And I thought it might explode entirely as Brady shyly smiled as Isaac spoke the words he'd dictated.

Affection between siblings is such a gift from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment