Wednesday, September 16, 2015

September 16

I was a little surprised when Abby decided to join me for my quick evening walk tonight, partly because she usually avoids taking superfluous strolls and partly because she'd already taken a shower by then and was wearing her pajamas. But she (and her doll) did indeed wind up coming along.

Before we headed out the door, I suggested she may want to put on a jacket, and she scoffed at the idea, reminding me that not only is it still summer time, but she was wearing winter PJs so there was really no need.

I was quietly pleased. I love that, for the most part, she doesn't care what anyone else thinks of what she wears. I could learn a lot from her in that regard, and that little reminder to just be me no matter what served as a meaningful little lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment