Monday, March 14, 2016

March 14

Sometimes --most of the time, really-- attitude is almost everything.

Brady was still feverish this morning, so after we dropped Abby and Isaac at school, I called the doctor's office, and we were fortunate to get a morning appointment. Although he was feeling poorly --and the final diagnosis wound up being strep-- he still tried to be cheery. I took this photo as we waited for the doctor --who was running half an hour behind schedule-- and he asked to see it. He giggled when I complied, and exclaimed "Hey, Big Bird photobombed me!"

Rather than being mad at the doctor for being late or cranky over being sick, Brady decided to grin and bear it. That reminder to chill out and look for the gems among the rocks --and to feel gratitude upon finding said gems-- was a great little lesson for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment