Wednesday, March 16, 2016

March 16

I was sitting in my chair watching an old "Murder, She Wrote" re-run tonight when I happened to check the middle school's parent portal and noticed that Abby's grade for today's math quiz had posted. (She rocked it.) So I IM'd her to tell her to go look. And then we enjoyed an amusing little exchange (before I finally told her she needed to get offline and go to bed.)

As I worked to formulate my next ridiculous question, I had a clear moment of joy when it occurred to me that my girl is really growing up. She gets my stupid jokes most of the time and has a pretty good sense of humor herself; she really does have an uncanny ability to make me laugh in spite of myself and that's most definitely a talent that few possess.

So tonight, I'm thankful for our ridiculous chats and for the blessing that she is to me every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment