Sunday, March 6, 2016

March 6

With the exception of our typically biennial Christmas trips back to Maryland, my kids see very little of my family. So it was nice when my younger brother Charlie and his partner Alexi contacted me to see if we'd be up for a visit this weekend. They came by this evening at dinner time, ate with us, and played My Little Pony and looked at baseball cards with the kiddos (guess which ones). Then after the kids went to bed, we chatted the until nearly midnight.

At a few months fewer than three years my junior, Charlie is pretty easily one of the most important people from my childhood days, so it's always a blessing to have the chance to see him and talk about old times. So tonight, I'm thankful for the opportunity, and for the rain that's currently pit-patting against my window pane!

No comments:

Post a Comment