Tuesday, March 22, 2016

March 22

By virtue of the number of items on my to-do list and our pesky inability to be in two places at once, today could've been an exhausting, frustrating disaster, but it wasn't. It began with Isaac practicing his pitching at the park before school (as seen here -- it's even an action shot! Look to the left)...

... and continued with a trip to two stores for tomorrow's preschool snack (the trip to store number two was necessitated by store number one's failure to stock Brady-approved cheese), a two-hour conference call, school pick-ups, and a trip to the eye doctor to pick up two pairs of glasses (mine and Abby's). At some point during the day, an email and a text clued me into the fact that I had a deacons' meeting tonight at church, but not before I took Isaac to the ballpark for his baseball game, left him there while I took Abby and Brady to the next town over for swimming, and then returned afterward to catch the end of said game (which, I should add, went immeasurably better than Saturday's delayed season-opener: he made some good plays on defense and made contact with the ball during both of his at bats! There's a sincere 'thank you, Jesus' in that alone). Then I left the sports park to head to my meeting and stopped for a sandwich and soda on the way. I quietly groused over the soda's price tag, but as I checked out, I realized I'd saved a rather high-value e-coupon to my store card so voila, my expensive drink because substantially cheaper.

So yeah... a lot of good stuff there. A lot of small blessings that turned an otherwise potentially exhausting and stressful day into one that I'll smile about in the future. So for all of that --for the good things that were granted to me today for which I might otherwise forget to express gratitude-- I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment