Thursday, March 24, 2016

March 24

I fully admit that I wasn't sure about Brady's preschool class when the year began. I didn't know any of the other parents, and it seemed like most of them were too busy or too shy to be social. I'd been at the school for a number of years, and somehow, this particular class felt different, and I wasn't sure if I liked it. But now, with May and the end of their tenure as a unit looming, I'm genuinely sad because I've come to genuinely like this group of little ones.

Today, they had their Easter celebration; our last one at the school. They sang their song during chapel and then jetted out to the lawn to "hunt" for candy. My heart swelled with joy as they bounded toward the parents in a mass of pastel colors and bow ties to scoop up handfuls of sweet treats; as I watched my little muffin in particular coursing the grass in his little suit, his bag in hand, seeking out his sugary treasures. Then after the hunt, we headed inside for the customary Easter feast.

It's hard to accept that our time at that wonderful school is drawing to a close. I know that come May, memories of all of my kids playing on the playground and laughing and doing projects will all come back to me. And I know I'll mourn the end of those sweet, sweet days; it'll be hard to know that I won't return there as a parent, to that place where I have so many crystal clear memories of my Logan.

But at the same time, it's impossible to not feel an enormous sense of gratitude for all they've done for us over the years. So for today and for all of the yesterdays we've enjoyed there and for the work that they've done to remind my children that they're loved by a great big God --especially when I was struggling and couldn't offer up those reminders on my own-- I'm immeasurably thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment