Tuesday, March 15, 2016

March 15

I rather like it when these winks are overt; I especially like it when they're overt on days when my brain and body are both pooped out by 9 AM, which was most definitely the case today.

I had trouble falling asleep to begin with, and then cat got the day started by begging for food in foghorn mode long before the sun broke the horizon. Then there was a relatively early phone interview, followed by the usual school drop-offs. And then there was Starbucks. It was, fortunately, fairly quiet there this morning, so Brady and I sat in our chairs and sipped our respective drinks.

At one point, I looked over at him and he exclaimed 'hey look, a cross!' And I remembered. With Easter approaching, I should be remembering and reflecting on the cross more often, so his unprompted exclamation was a much-needed reminder to focus during the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment