Monday, June 20, 2016

June 20

I love summer vacation. I got up late and then the kids and I did pretty much nothing today: the Little Boys played video games while Abby and I binge-watched Gilmore Girls on Netflix. No one even bothered to get dressed until the late-afternoon hours, and that only happened because a Costco trip was in order for the early-evening. Post-shopping, as we headed home, Adam remarked that the sky was pretty, and I had to agree.

I love nice sunsets. I love how the late-afternoon sunlight bounces off the clouds that roll over the hills from the bay. But it's more than just that; it's kind of hard to see from this image (because it's hard to take good pictures from the car!), but some of the clouds looked like car or truck tracks, which of course made me think of my Sunshine driving around in his zoom-car in Heaven. And weird though it may be, it's always a happy thought for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment