Thursday, June 2, 2016

June 2

With Adam in Oregon and lots of different things on the calendar, today was a busy one that involved me doing a lot of coordinating and running around. But though it was indeed a busy one, it was definitely a blessed one, too. Kelly the preschool director blessed me tremendously when she picked up Brady early this morning and shuttled him around before taking him to camp. Then I got to accompany Isaac and a few of his friends on a field trip to the high school, where they got to meet their Photo Buddies. Here's Isaac with his buddy, Jenny, who is an amazing artist and who also happened to be a former student of his current teacher:

Then I got to watch the kiddos explore the science extravaganza before (literally) running to the parking lot at the church (which also happens to host our preschool, but that's a random side fact) to get the car to drive them back to the school. With 20 minutes to go before I needed to pick up Brady, I then decided to stop at Starbucks for a quick iced coffee. My plan was to run in, gulp it down, get a refill, and run out. But while I was there I ran into a mom from Isaac's baseball team (with whom I share a few mutual friends since her kids also went to our preschool, so I'd hoped to get a chance to connect with her at some point), so I stopped for a few minutes to say hi. At some point in the conversation, I mentioned Logan and asked if she remembered reading about him the in the preschool newsletter years ago, and her face changed, and I knew she remembered, and I could see tears as they welled up in her eyes. And as odd as it sounds, those tears were a blessing too, because knowing that on some level, others feel what I feel sometimes makes me feel less alone. Understood, even if it's just on an "I can't imagine and the idea breaks my heart to the point of tears" version of understood. Empathy is powerful.

So yeah. I know this is rambling and disjointed, but it's hard to be concise when so much of a day feels like a blessing. So there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment