Sunday, June 5, 2016

June 5

Isaac's baseball season formally came to an end today as the team got together to celebrate. They fared quite well, finishing with a 10-4 record (even though no one really keeps score at the A-ball level). And beyond that, I feel like Isaac improved quite a lot as the weeks progressed, so of course there's that, too.

It would be easy for me to let this entry become a huge cliche (and let's be honest: that probably happens far more often than I'd like). I could say something about endings being hard or wax poetic about the pride I feel over watching him continue to grow and develop. Or I could go the totally overdone route and point out that any sadness I feel is tempered by happiness that the season happened in the first place. But I won't do those things.

Instead, I'll say that I'm thankful to live in a place where it's possible to play rec ball, and that we have the money to let him play, and that he learns new skills with relative quickness and ease. Not everyone enjoys the same opportunities we have, and I know that I'm fully guilty of taking them for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment