Thursday, June 30, 2016

June 30

It's an old cliche, but it still has a ring of truth: home is where the heart is. It's also true that I'm a lousy housekeeper, so most people don't get to see my heart. (Ba-dum bum.) But as I was looking around this evening, I decided to give you all a peek at my family room wall. Here it is:

Most people have nice, cleanly painted walls that feature photos or artwork. We have a few walls like that, but not this one. This one is covered with photos and kids' artwork. It has scuffmarks from speakers and tape residue from pictures that were removed at one point or another. And it's probably my favorite wall in the entire house.

Nope, it's not clean or organized, but it's filled with memories of days gone by, and that's a blessing that I get to enjoy every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment