Monday, June 6, 2016

June 6

I've written and re-written this sentence about 10 times now, but it boils down to this singular truth: I feel like crap. I had a good time at the baseball party yesterday, but the nasty little allergens I inhaled during my five glorious hours outside dealt my Flonase/Allegra/Mucinex cocktail a brutal blow that, from what I can tell, rendered them no more effective than jelly beans. So it's safe to say that all pollen-bearing, potentially sneeze-inducing plants are on my poo list for now. But that didn't stop me from admiring this gem:

It's in my back yard, and I saw it as I sat in the family room this afternoon. I was so taken by its perfect puffiness that I actually ventured outside to get a closer look. Isn't it just amazing? Maybe it's just the allergy meds talking, but if God puts that much effort and creativity into creating something that's destined to be blown to bits by a momentary gust of wind, how much more amazing are we? Just a little perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment