Saturday, June 4, 2016

June 4

It was a lovely Saturday. Isaac's last game of the season was this afternoon, right at noon, and it could've been a miserable experience, given the 90-degree temp and "good grief, was I suddenly magically transported back to Maryland?!" humidity. But it wasn't.

Of course, it helped that the Grasshoppers won the game by a significant margin and that Isaac got a few hits. It's always nice to end a season on a high note and it certainly made for a jovial group of boys post-game. But that's not all that made it a great day. It may not have been the case during my younger days, but I think at heart, I'm a reasonably social person, so I genuinely enjoy having the chance to chat while taking in the games. It's a blessing to slow down, sit, and really enjoy the moments as they happen, and watching a baseball game lets me do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment