Monday, June 13, 2016

June 13

Had I been thinking earlier today, I would've snapped a picture of the truly impressive fort the Little Boys made in our living room. Like any good fort, it featured a mix of pillows, couch cushions, blankets, and furniture. I was genuinely impressed when I saw it, but I also made it clear that though they could go ahead and trash the living room during the day, every single item they used had to be put away by bedtime. Of course, I forgot to verify that they'd held up their end of the bargain until a few minutes ago, when I poked my head into the room.

Although the clean-up job wasn't exactly perfect, it was clear that they'd made an actual, bona fide effort to restore order. To me, starting summer break with the them actually trying to honor my request --without any prolonged nagging to make it happen-- is huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment