Saturday, June 25, 2016

June 25

Today we took our annual trip to the county fair. Since the temperature was scheduled to rise into the 90s, we opted to head over to the fairgrounds in the afternoon rather than the morning.

The weather kept a lot of folks from venturing out, so we moved through our afternoon doing the usual activities with relative ease: checking out the animals, watching the Alaskan Racing Pigs circle their little track, completing an indoor scavenger hunt, taking part in the kids' tractor pull, visiting a photo booth to take our annual group selfies, and enjoying the general atmosphere.

I've shared this before, but my family was heavily involved in our local county fair when I was growing up, so though I live across the country now, visiting the fair here still gives me a lovely dose of nostalgia. And for all of it --the smells, the sights (even the ones that involve questionable wardrobe choices), and the memories-- I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment