Tuesday, June 28, 2016

June 28

Just a quick one today, because on the health scale of 'I feel terrific' to 'Ugh, can't I just sleep until I feel better?', I'm the latter. And so are my Little Boys. Brady got up with a fever and complained that the front of his face hurt and Isaac has had a cough for a few weeks, so I took them to the doctor, where both registered fevers (100.5 for Isaac, 103.5 for Brady... yikes, and that was after Ibuprofen). Isaac has another double ear infection and Brady has sinus troubles. Because I took them to the doctor, I didn't get to go see my own, so as I said, yeah, feeling pretty terrible; no doubt my second sinus infection of the month. But I tried to appreciate the quiet, sweet moments.

So yeah, he's faking here, but he did fall asleep with BearBear twice this afternoon: once on the floor while he watched Isaac playing a video game, and once on the couch next to me. I don't like that he's not feeling well, but I love how feeling under the weather makes him extra sweet. And how it makes him need me more. Given that my kiddos are growing more and more independent every single day, the "I need my mom" moments are extra specially special.

1 comment: