Sunday, August 13, 2017

August 12

What a busy, blessed day it was. We had our usual Saturday lunch at Red Tractor before heading north to attend Adam's grandparents' big joint 90th birthday party early this afternoon. It was quite the impressive affair, and we took the opportunity to take some group pictures. Mercifully, I think I have a decent image of each sub-group. And of everyone. (And yes, it was hard to get that many people crammed into the shot and yes, I definitely used a wide angle lens, and yes, I was completely freaked that it wouldn't turn out since I was the only one taking this particular photo. So thank you, Jesus, for a decent one!)

From there, we left the party early to head to the A's/O's game in Oakland. It would've been awesome to stay longer and catch up with relatives we see so rarely, but Adam bought the game tickets a week before the party invites went out, and there was no way I was going to miss out on the chance to see my Orioles in action live. They surprised me by putting a W on the board, which was both unexpected --since I can count the number of times I've seen them win live over the last 17 years on one hand-- and gratifying. (A's mega-fan Isaac was not amused when the Orioles scored seven runs in the top of the first and knocked out the A's starter after 1/3 inning. That probably explains his expression.) After the game, we stuck around for the fireworks show, which was set to a selection of popular recent Disney tracks. (Think "Moana" and "Frozen." And even "Cars 3." When they played Ride --which is from "Cars 3" and is quite obscure, if you ask me, compared to How Far I'll Go and Let It Go-- it was almost like Logan was right there with us.)

So yes. It was a good day, and I'm just thankful, even though I can't really settle down and know I'll be tired tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment