Monday, August 14, 2017

August 14

Today I got up far earlier than I prefer, roused a trio of less-than-willing kiddos from their beds, and ushered them off to the first day of school: eighth grade for Abby, fourth for Isaac, and first for Brady. (Well, to be precise, Adam took Abby while I walked the Little Boys. And despite what the image suggests, Brady was fine. He was just mad because someone accidentally clonked him in the head.)

They just keep growing and growing and growing. When I look at them, I feel a mix of pride and awe: it's amazing to see just how much they've all changed over the years -- and how they've all stayed the same, too.

There are challenges and frustrations and disappointments mixed in with the good, of course, but parenthood is a blessing above all else.

No comments:

Post a Comment