Sunday, August 6, 2017

August 6

Just a few days after Brady lost his first tooth, he lost a second this afternoon. Although the two events came in quick succession, they were vastly different experiences for my littlest man.

We, of course, had the same end result both times --a donation to the Tooth Fairy's stash placed under his pillow-- but the events drew vastly different reactions. Watching him happily jet into the kitchen to find a Ziploc baggie for tooth number two this afternoon --just 40 hours or so after I watched him rant and rave and shed big, salty tears over number one-- made me reflect a bit on perspective and change. Change is hard for everyone, I think. We can pretend it's not, but on some level, it's scary or difficult or challenging to step out into the unknown. But once we've taken this first step --that first leap of faith, if you will-- it changes our perspective.

Not even I know what prompted me to connect losing teeth with stepping out in faith (well, that's not true -- I assume it was God since that's pretty random stuff, even for me), so take from it what you will. Just don't be afraid to take a step if you feel like you're being called to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment