Saturday, August 5, 2017

August 5

It's funny: we hike a lot when we're on vacation, but we rarely do it when we're home. Sure, we walk go for walks routinely, but we don't hike the trails. But since today was Adam's last Saturday of sabbatical, we broke with tradition and hiked part of the Pleasanton Ridge.

Compared to the gut busters we tackled on Kaua'i, it wasn't much of a challenge, but it was a nice, short-ish trek out in nature. On the way back toward the car, Adam and the Little Boys walked ahead --since my questionable knees slow my downhill stride-- while Abby stayed behind with me. We talked briefly about Logan, and a moment later, a breeze in the otherwise still air rustled the brush behind us. I didn't remark on it aloud, but it made me smile to myself.

A blessed wordless whisper in the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment