Wednesday, August 16, 2017

August 16

Okay, so I'm technically a few hours early with this, but I was just looking through an album --for the first time in probably a few years-- and I found myself smiling over the memories.

Tomorrow is our 15th wedding anniversary. We were much younger --the ripe old age of 24, in fact-- and much more naive back then on that hot August day, but somehow, we managed to make the best joint decision of our lives anyway. (I think God had quite a lot to do with that.)

It hasn't been the easiest ride of all; goodness knows we've walked through some deep, dark valleys. But our union has been punctuated by sweet moments, too. It's hard to say that I'm truly thankful for the heartbreaking moments, but I'm definitely thankful that we've been able to experience them together.

Just like we danced (and danced and danced --seriously, people still tell me how epic it was) at our wedding 15 years ago tomorrow, I hope we'll continue to dance in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment