Thursday, August 3, 2017

August 3

I'm keenly aware that summer vacation is drawing to a close, so I'm doing all I can to savor the last few days of freedom from schedules. And the last few days of sleeping in. And it seems that Brady is following my lead, because this is how I found him late this morning, sleeping under a stack of pillows on the couch in the living room (and I know it's a vaguely creepy pic, but he opened his eyes just as I snapped it):

Summertime is a huge blessing to all of us: from getting enough sleep (and then some) to pursuing our own interests, it's an extended time of refreshment and renewal that you just can't get while school is in session. So today, I'm thankful for the time we've had together and for the handful of days we have left to enjoy before the kiddos head back to the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment