Saturday, August 5, 2017

August 4

It was a good day; busy, but good. Brady lost his first tooth this morning (and I'd use the photo from that but I promised him I wouldn't put it online. Let's just say that he wasn't exactly pleased with me when I delivered the tiny twist that finally made it come out). A little later, Isaac had a play date, and then this evening, I went to a friend's house to help with a service project and chat. All good things, but this was one of my favorite parts of the day:

I am, of course, perfectly capable of brewing my own coffee at home, but some mornings during his sabbatical, Adam went out before I got up with the sole purpose of buying me some. It was nice to have a big, hot cup of coffee waiting for me, but it wasn't really about the coffee; it was about him going out of his way to do something for me out of love. He's not even a coffee drinker, in fact, so if not for me, he would never darken Starbucks' door. But he did just that multiple times this summer, and for those gestures of affection, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment