Monday, August 21, 2017

August 21

Eclipse mania seemed to take over the entire nation today. Me? I wasn't all that interested. (I know. Everyone go ahead and gasp and get it over with.) I didn't have glasses and generally don't dig the idea of accidentally damaging my eyes. But I did take a colander outside to have a looksie.

It was interesting to watch how the little circles gradually became little crescents as the moon traveled further into the sun's path. And the photos I saw after the fact were quite lovely. It was definitely a beautiful gift from God, but I wonder: how many people recognized it as just that and took a moment to thank Him for it? Did you? Just a little something to chew on.

1 comment:

  1. I was lucky enough to witness God's gift in full totality for 80 entire seconds without the glasses surround in the beautiful mountains in Oregon. Truly a gift giving day.

    ReplyDelete