Sunday, August 20, 2017

August 20

These boys are truly best buds.

We wanted our kids to be close in age, and they are: there are 20 months between Abby and Logan, 22 1/2 between Logan and Isaac, and 2 1/2 years between Isaac and Brady. Of course, there are no guarantees that siblings will be good friends, so I feel blessed that Isaac and Brady share that gift, and that Abby and Logan were so close, too. I'm sure it's painful for her that he's not here and I know that she pushes people away (whether she knows it or not, I'm not sure) because she's reserving that spot in her heart just for him, but I'm thankful that he was here. And I know she is, too.

As someone who's never managed to do the whole best friend thing very well, it's nice to see my kids filling that role for one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment