Friday, August 25, 2017

August 25

On some level of consciousness, I've probably been dreading today since the day Logan died. You see, my exuberant little Sunshine lived with us here in the outside world for 2,022 euphoric, glorious, beautiful, inspiring, wondrous days. And he's now been gone for 2,022 emotionally challenging days. To put it plainly, he's been gone for the exact same number of days he was here.

Of course, I felt him in my womb well before I had the chance to hold him. But there's something about knowing that we've reached this point in time that... I guess I can't really explain it. It's strange to think that someone who walked this earth for 2,022 short days managed to captivate my heart the way he did. And it's strange to think that another 2,022 days have already passed by, and the wound of losing him is still so incredibly fresh.

I may still be broken in ways and I will be as long as I'm here, but I'm thankful to have family and friends I can lean on, especially when life feels heavy.

This lovely lady and I had lunch today, and it was such a blessing to sit and talk with her. We're both going through our own struggles and challenges right now, but it's really true that sharing a burden can lighten it. And for that, I'm thankful, even on a day that might otherwise break my heart all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment