Monday, July 1, 2019

July 1

When she came downstairs early this afternoon (because teenager), Abby announced that she needed new clothes. So this evening after dinner, I indulged her desire and we went shopping for threads.

She gathered up an armful of items to try on and then I watched as she tried them on. And listened as she chattered on about the mission trip and her fellow students. And then after we got home, we continued our evening together with several turns around the park and more commentary on the peers in youth group.

I mostly just listened (which for a talker like me is something of an anomaly), and enjoyed hearing her stream-of-consciousness style thoughts.

As she sagely pointed out during our walk, she'll be in college in three years, so I'm going to make the most of the hours while we have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment