Wednesday, July 17, 2019

July 17

Some days, I have good observations. (At least I think I do.) Some days, I just muddle along without noticing much of anything. Today was more of the latter ilk.

When Adam called to let me know he'd be very late again tonight, I decided that I didn't feel like cooking so I took the kids to Red Robin.

There was nothing particularly extraordinary about the outing; the boys ordered identical meals, Abby had a cheeseburger, and we engaged in idle chit chat about VBC. The experience was, in fact, very ordinary. And comfortable. So now, as I head out to pick up Abby from youth group, I'm thankful for the ordinary and the comfortable. I have, after all, had plenty of days that were neither, so I'll happily take the quiet days as they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment