Saturday, July 20, 2019

July 20

I loved today.

We ate and got pedicures and shopped and shopped more (and some more) and ate again and hit Starbucks and spent some time with Kathy's mom (who was still adorable) and brothers and sisters-in-law and ate dinner while watching a cheesy (but cute) movie on Netflix. And we walked the dog in the dark and took laps around the kitchen island and jumped up and down and ran in place like crazy people to the sounds of Alexa's pick for 'dance music' as midnight approached and I realized I was nowhere near 15,000 steps for the day. And then we just talked.

And even though I'm compulsive about my step totals (and I'd ordinarily be annoyed with myself for falling short of that self-imposed requirement), I'm going to sleep content, because like I said, I loved today and I would gladly sideline my perfectionism again to have another one like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment