Monday, July 22, 2019

July 21

It was a long but strikingly good day for me.

It marked the end of my visit to Missouri, which we finished up with a potpourri ( ;) ) of activities that included a stop at a family birthday party, real estate prospecting, and milkshakes (with Jenga).

After one last quick chat, K dropped me at the airport at 5 and the first leg of my journey home took me to Vegas, where a significant flight delay left me scrambling to switch up my plans. I successfully scored a standby spot on a different flight, and wandered around the airport feeling strangely perky. My strolling took me by the Alex and Ani store, where I found this absolutely perfect bangle bracelet, which --with Logan's 13th birthday just 10 days away-- I bought and immediately added to my wrist arsenal.

But that's not all. Since I was a standby passenger and Southwest has open seating, I internally cringed and held my breath when the time to board my Oakland-bound plane finally rolled around because I expected to wind up crammed into the middle seat of the very back row. But I was pleasantly surprised --again-- to find a middle seat available in the fifth row and a space for my carry-on bag in an overheard bin nearby. The man I sat next to was a chatter so we exchanged pleasantries that eventually revealed that we both live in the same town and know some of the same people. A discussion on faith followed, and we both were able to offer up words of affirmation derived from our own personal experiences.

So yeah. I could feel God moving around quite a lot today, in the content of my last few hours with Kathy, the bracelet, the standby flight success, and the unlikely seatmate. So for all of that, I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment