Wednesday, July 3, 2019

July 3

It's surreal to think that it's been nearly a year since Michelle and her family relocated to Iowa, but it has. And luckily for those of us who are still here, they came back for a visit this week, and tonight a group of us got to go out to dinner with her downtown (just like we did last year before they left!).

I had a truly wonderful time sitting there in the restaurant with these seven ladies, laughing and swapping stories and catching up and just doing life. I don't think I do that nearly often enough, so I'm thankful to have had the opportunity today. (And as an aside, there are other photos that don't feature my giant head taking a selfie, but I think this is the best of them all because we all look genuinely happy. And real happiness is a huge blessing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment