Sunday, July 7, 2019

July 7

"I feel a little invisible lately." I wrote that line (or a variation thereof; I can't remember the exact wording) to a friend a few days ago. And it's true: for a number of reasons, I haven't felt fully seen (or appreciated or validated, for lack of a better term) for quite a while now.

But then I went to church this morning and I guess you could say that God met me there (for probably the second time in a few days. Let's just say I wasn't really paying attention the first time).

The gist of the sermon was "no matter where you are or what you do, God sees you. And you matter."

As I sat and listened to the message, my spirit whispered "yep, he's talking to YOU, Sherry. YOU. Soak it in." So I did. And I felt that sense of peace that so often eludes me settle in and wrap me in an embrace. And that is always, always, always a blessing.

So if YOU don't think you matter, know that you DO. Because God sees YOU, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment