Saturday, July 6, 2019

July 6

With Abby's mission trip and the other sundries of summer busy-ness behind us, we finally got around to going to the Alameda County Fair today. There was a pedal tractor pull, exhibits, art displays, Alaskan racing pigs, and fair food. And of course, our customary photo booth visit as we headed toward the exit.

Probably needless to say, this one is a little different than the others. Usually, we get a coin from the booth operator, insert it when we're ready, and then arrange ourselves (in the very small space, which is always comical). But today, the set-up was different: the booth took actual cash. And much to our surprise (and alarm), the machine immediately started counting down the moment it accepted the bills. Three-two... Adam was already perched on the single stool, and I dove in as quickly as I could (hence photo number one's close-up of my shirt). We recovered relatively quickly, squashed ourselves inside, and finished the strip in fine fashion.

I busted out laughing when I saw that first picture because it's just ridiculous. But then I had a thought: I wear this shirt a lot because I really do like its message, but how often do I truly live the message? Not as often as I should. So I'm grateful to have this silly strip of pics to remind me of not only our 2019 fair trip, but of how important it is to love where I am... no matter where that may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment