Monday, July 15, 2019

July 15

Today was day one of this year's Vacation Bible Camp. A very kind friend offered to take Abby (since she's a volunteer and has to go early), so I loaded up the boys, drove over, and dropped them off about an hour after she left this morning. I didn't get the chance to take a pic before they left, so I insisted on taking this one at pick-up.

Abby was busy with breakdown, Isaac was (loudly) complaining that he was SO THIRSTY, and Brady was just hot and snarky, so I quickly snapped the image and forgot about it. Until now, that is, when I finally remembered to take a look. And judging by their varied expressions, it's far from a perfect pic. Far, far from it.

But it's the perfect pic for VBC, because it shows that they came (and went) as they are. No machinations, no false... anything. It's all genuine expression. And that's where Jesus always meets us: exactly where we are, no matter where we may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment