Saturday, July 13, 2019

July 13

Isaac went to a sleepover last night and Abby got up late, so while Adam was upstairs getting dressed this morning, Brady and I had a little bit of just-the-two-of-us time.

We didn't so anything special with that time; he sat next to me on the couch and we watched TV. Well, he watched TV. I mostly just watched him.

And I marveled over how that baby I was carrying when we found out Logan was sick nearly nine years ago (nine. I can hardly believe it's been that long) will be nine years old in less than six months. And then I marveled over how Abby will be 15 this year and how Isaac is already 11. And how Logan will become a teenager in Heaven at the end of this month.

It's always going to be hard to meld the sadness of losing him with the joy of watching his siblings grow into amazing bigger people, but I do the best I can to do just that in as graceful a fashion as I can manage. (And of course, some days are more successful than others.) So for those moments with my littlest this morning that spurred so many memories of what was, what is, and what will eventually be, I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment