Saturday, August 10, 2019

August 10

When Adam is home, he almost always puts the boys to bed. It's been that way for as long as I can remember, since by the time he gets home from work, I'm usually zonked from kid-drama and he's eager to spend some extra minutes hanging out with them. Anyhow, since he was out of town this week, I had to assume that duty (along with the rest of them, of course).

As I laid on Brady's bed with them this evening, I realized how much I like joining them for their good-night prayers. I virtually always find the act of praying to be soothing, but praying with them --rather than by myself-- feels powerful and meaningful and just... wonderful.

And for that heavenly bit of harmony I've been able to share with them this past week, I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment