Sunday, August 11, 2019

August 11

I looked in the mirror at some point today and had an odd thought (for me): I look kind of cute. So when I got back from a quick late-afternoon run to the store (because school starts tomorrow and Brady has, for the umpteenth time this year, ripped the toe out of his right shoe), I took a quick pic.

It feels kind of weird and self-indulgent to use this as today's entry, but here's a truth: I don't always like many things about myself. I am, as is so often the case with human beings, easily my own worst critic, and I don't hesitate to cut myself back down to size when I start to feel the rise of self-confidence. So when I find things about myself that I actually like, I try to take the time to appreciate those things, and to thank God for opening my eyes and allowing me to see them.

1 comment:

  1. Sherry, you have always been beautiful as far as I'm concerned! xo

    ReplyDelete