Wednesday, August 7, 2019

August 7

With Adam in Malaysia and the boys at his parents' house for an overnight, it was a girls' day for Abby and me. We started off with the monthly women's ministry tea downtown this morning, which happened to be princess-themed. (We don't typically go around wearing tiaras. Not typically.)

This afternoon, I had to be at the rental for a little while to get a quote for new windows, and when I got home, we watched a few episodes of "Friends." (Well, Abby continued her binge. I watched part of a few episodes and then fell asleep on the couch. Sweet siesta.)

Then for dinner, we headed out to Red Robin to assuage Abby's cheeseburger craving and followed that up with a french fry-toting jaunt around the nearby Walmart. Then we were off to the Dairy downtown for some ice cream. And now, after a quick walk, we're sitting in the family room, all settled in for our customary Trashy TV Night.

And yep, nap aside, I'm tired. But I'm a content kind of tired, because I had a nice day with my girl. And I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment