Thursday, August 22, 2019

August 22

It was a warm afternoon so Brady and I got out of the car to wait for Isaac and Abby at pick-up. As we passed the time, we sat on the curb under a big, shady tree and I watched as he chattered about his day and our surroundings and wiggled his very loose tooth.

At one point, he said something that reminded me so much of Logan --in both tone and word choice-- that it took my breath away. Sometimes when that happens, I tear up, but today, I felt a surge of joy. And then I told him that sometimes, he really reminds me of his biggest brother and that though I'm grateful that he's Brady because Brady is a great person, I'm thankful for the shades of Logan that sometimes appear in his eyes.

He just nodded, appeared to mull my remarks for a moment, and then went back to wiggling that tooth. And I remained grateful for that sweet little stitch in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment